Thursday 30 August 2007

RealSKIN - Fantasy skins

And now for something completely different.... Fantasy skins. Oh my, it is so not my cup of tea, but I had a blast trying these skins and taking photos of them. So I thought, since I had the material anyway, I'd be foolish not to blog them although I do not intend this blog to be a new release blog at all. But fantasy skins do deserve a place on Skin Score too. And I must admit... these are well done. I am not very familiar with Stephen's work, but I like these.




The Night Elf skin comes in a lovely lavender, with quite a strong face. Funny feature are the prim eye brows and I have no idea why, but while taking these pics, I just found myself humming "I was made for loving you" all the time. My personal idea of an elf would be a bit of a softer looking creature, but it's an awesome look if you want something out of the ordinairy.

For me, these skins are all about the faces, although the bodies aren't bad. It has a nice collarbone, and a good shading on the torso. Compared to the shading as a whole, I think the nipples are a bit blurry, and I could really do without the sudden realism of the pink labia on a fantasy skin like this.You might want to wear a manicure on this skin, because there is not much detail to the hands and feet. But other than that, this skin is a pleasant surprise. RealSKIN skins come with their own shapes, but I chose to wear my own Phoebe shape for comparison's sake. However for Night Elf I did wear the matching eyes that also come with the skin.


Drow and Livid are two other skins in the fantasy series that Stephen released recently and I think they look really nice. My remarks about the elf skin body go pretty much for these skins too. The Livid skin comes in 4 different make ups. I am wearing the Despair one.
Night Elf and Drow both cost L$ 1000. Livid costs L$ 900 for a single and L$ 2700 for all 4 make ups.
RealSKIN is located in Pogon
Skins are courtesy of Stephen Lightworker.

2 comments:

Candace Sargent said...

The reason the Night Elf skin looks the way it does and has those prim eyebrows is because it is based on the Night Elf race from the World of Warcraft MMO. Just an FYI.

Phoebe Quinnell said...

Hi Candace, thx for the mention. I am totally unfamiliar with WoW so I looked up some photos. I do see some similarities... the brows indeed, but personally I think Stephen's interpretation of the elf looks way prettier.