Tuesday 28 August 2007

Fashionably Dead

Fashionably Dead, Toast Bard's shop in Tableau, used to be the best hidden secret of the sim. It took me some time to find out that I had to enter the freezer to get to the goodies. In the mean time, Toast has put out some vendors in the actual shop, together with some totally annoying... ermmmm... adorable noise making sheep, but the skin and hair, as well as the eyes are still in the basement, as is the cute trapped whale. If you have never been there, this makes no sense at all, and there is no need to.... what this is about, is the hand drawn skin "Harp Classical Tragedy".

As stated before, I like some realism in my SL skins. Whereas I admire people like Elka Lehane and Juliette Westerburg for having chosen the total drawn look for their avies in SL, my skin of choice is more lifelike. I cannot help but being enthusiast about the skins that Toast makes though. They clearly show that this content creator is among the most artistic in SL.



Face: In an odd way, this face has a lot of realism, I mean, being drawn and all, I adore the freckles, that, just like in RL are scattered on the skin, not in an even pattern like you often see, or all the same size; these are random and I like it. I also adore the curve under the mouth, it is pronounced, but it gives the face character, something that is not always present in SL skins. The ears on this skin look decent, not much detailing, but certainly nothing to be ashamed of when you wear ear revealing hair.





Torso: I admit, this is the first time I really scrutinized one of Toast's skins, and I was pleased with the amount of details and shading on the body. I like the shading on the breasts and the highlights on the chest as well as the way the spine is done. I don't mind at all the total absence of a drawn pubic zone, although it looks a bit extra blurry there. The tush on the other hand looks quite cute, with again a nice, soft highlight that is just right. I did spot a bit of a seam where the upper body and lower body meet of which I am pretty sure that it is really there, as well as some minor other flaws, that could easily be my rezzing issues.


Arms & Legs: The legs are amazingly good, well drawn knees and even the knee pits were not forgotten, which makes me wonder why the arms have no elbows at all. The hands have a few freckles again, which made me smile since I have them at almost the same spot in RL but I have not found any on the legs. The finger nails are a bit blurry but the hands over all look nice and there even is a drawn hint of the knuckles. There are a lot of reasons for considering one of Toast's skins, but the feet are not among them.


There are 3 different skin tones available at Fashionably Dead, I wear the medium and they come in a nice selection of different make ups, some more natural like this one, others more outspoken... cute though... all very sweet and funny faces and all such original names. Skins cost L$ 800 for a single.


Fashionably Dead is located in the freezer .... in Tableau

No comments: